Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I'm Having a Baby!!!

No, not literally right this minute. Actually, I am impregnated. The little man won’t be here for a few more months.

In the meantime, I am trying to get through this maternity clothes nightmare. And it is a nightmare. Nothing fits right. Pants don’t fit. If they fit my legs, they can’t be trusted to fit my stomach another week. If they fit my stomach, the legs don’t fit or the crotch is halfway to my knees.

And tops… why is everything skin tight? Just because you normally wear a size 2 and you want your XS maternity tops to be skin tight so we can see your innie that’s now an outie, does not mean that every woman wants that.

I ain’t no size 2. I ain’t no size 10. Let’s not even get into what size I am. The point is, let me have some tops that “fit”. I mean, can you honestly say that you want to see me in a skin tight top when I’m pregnant? Or not pregnant for that matter? No, you can’t honestly say that, and if you do, you are a freak of nature. Period.

So I’ve found a few things that fit and I’ve bought some stretchy pants that are a few sizes too big. You can beat stretchy pants. And while I might not be the fashionista that I normally am, at least you can’t see my innie that’s still an innie.

1 comment:

MommyTopics.com said...

Congratulations!!! From the sound of this post I'm guessing this is your first pregnancy!!! How exciting!!!

I've never been a size 2 in my entire life and I totally agree with what you're saying about maternity clothes. Trying to buy maternity clothes at "Motherhood" can be a trick. Is that where you've looked? That was the first place I went, but I've found that things do run pretty tight and small there. Same with Wal-mart. My favorite place for maternity clothes is Target! If you haven't tried it... you should!

That's my 2 cents on the topic!
Blessings
Rachael - MommyTopics.com