Friday, May 7, 2010

Baby Registry

The closest store in my area is Wal-Mart. Its 20 – 30 minutes to the nearest mall, Target, or K-Mart. I know I need to do a baby registry but I am a lazy slug and I don’t want to drive those 20 – 30 minutes to get to Target to register. That’s easy, I can just go on-line and do my baby registry. Yay!! I’m so excited to pick out all these neat things for baby.

I go to Target.com and create my registry. Now it’s time to shop!!! It’s very hard to navigate on here and find what I’m looking for. The big things are easy to find but I’m looking for the little things… sheets, mattress covers, towels, washcloths, etc. We’ve already got the big stuff.

OK, I’ve finally found some towels and washcloths. They are so cute. Wait a minute, this is only available on-line. Oh, this too. And this too. What the heck??? Does Target not have anything in there store???

I don’t expect anyone to order on-line and have this stuff shipped. I expect them to drive those 20 – 30 minutes to go into the actual store. They need to browse around and handle these items to ensure a good quality purchase for my baby.

Not to mention, some of the people I expect at my shower live out in the boonies. You know, turn at the old brown cow onto the gravel road and travel about 3 miles to the old barn and then turn onto the dirt road beside the tree stump, blah, blah, blah. You get my meaning. These people are gonna gather up their posse and make a big event of this little trip into town to purchase something for my dear baby.

I have to calm down. I let these things get me all worked up. And honestly, what am I worried about? Some of them will probably just make something out of the wool they’ve sheared from their sheep.

1 comment:

Hokie Girl said...

OK, so I had the same problem. I LOVE Target, really, but I was really disappointed in their "stock" in store for a registry. I did get a cool gift bag with some coupons and samples though. I went to Walmart and found almost everything I wanted, there on the shelf, and ready for anyone to handle, review and buy! I would reccommend Walmart! If you want a bigger store I would go to Burlington (Baby Depot) especially for bigger stuff. They have TONS of clothes and items, but the only downfall is that they are kind of disorganized. This time around I really just registered for more necessity type items so it was a little easier at "the Walmart"! Good luck!